Wednesday, August 25, 2010

They say the neon lights are bright...

Todd was wonderful enough to take me to see Phantom of the Opera tonight!  If you know him at all, you know there are many other things (like poke his eyes out with a stick) that he would rather do than go to anything musical.  However, he put on a happy face, had a (large) glass of wine with dinner, and whisked me off to Broadway and the Majestic Theatre.
We attempted to enjoy the first half of the production from the nose-bleed seats but our sight lines were obstructed by at least two heads between ourselves and the stage.  At intermission, Todd attempted to ascertain the sanity of the building designers/engineers by asking an usher.  Turns out the usher took the inquiry as a complaint and decided to upgrade us to some great seats on the floor level for the remainder of the show. 

I was truly impressed with the show.  I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys musicals.  John Cudia, who played The Phantom of the Opera, was very impressive.  All in all, it was a huge victory because Todd didn't end up hating all of it... in fact, he admitted he even enjoyed some parts and didn't sleep through any of it!  I have, however, been informed that I've used up my one musical experience on this show, and I am just fine with that.  The show was amazing!

No comments: