Sunday, November 21, 2010

An Artist in the Making?

Thanks to a wonderful and very thoughtful birthday gift (the early celebration was necessitated because I will be on a plane to NYC on my b-day) from Todd and my mom, I enjoyed an Intro to Ceramics class at the Village Art Project in Studio City.  I was one of three people in the class that day which meant I happily received tons of one-on-one assistance and instruction.  To start off, we were each given two cubes of clay and shown how to soften it by throwing it onto the table a few times.  We then learned:  how to center the clay (which proved to be the hardest thing for me and was vitally important), how to keep the bottom from being too thin, how to pull up the walls, and how to push out the body to make a desired shape. 
After we finished shaping the clay, we picked out colors and painted our pieces.  Here are my masterpieces:
I had such a great time!!!  Thanks Mom and Todd!

No comments: